Proposals should outline an editorial direction for the magazine which accommodates the following fundamental elements:
– the publication of three print issues of the magazine each year (February, June, October) working within the existing format and with the current art director & designer;
– an online publishing programme which includes book and exhibition reviews;
– a public programme, whether online or otherwise;
– the annual White Review Short Story Prize and White Review Poet’s Prize.
Ideas for new projects and fresh interpretations of the above responsibilities are encouraged. Proposals must also take into account the following:
– the magazine’s central mission to offer a platform to emerging artists, writers and editors;
– the editor(s) will be responsible for editorial, working closely with the managing editor on running all aspects of The White Review, and overseeing a small, part-time editorial staff;
– the magazine is based in London, but the position is also open to non-residents.
Candidates should send a CV and a proposal of no more than 800 words for the editorship of The White Review to email@example.com by 26 November, with initial video interviews with the board to start the following week. The proposal should outline an editorial vision for the magazine to be realised over two years, describing how you would use the platform to advance The White Review’s aims. Proposals must be written in English.